Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota
September 11th, 2016
Color Jumper is an abstract, color-based puzzle platformer which focuses on fast, precise movement to navigate your surroundings. Inspired by hardcore platformers like Super Meat Boy, Downwell, VVVVVV, and many others, your goal in Color Jumper is to reach the exit. You control a block with a different color on each side. Colored platforms are only solid when in contact with the connecting color of your block. Each jump rotates your block, creating a world where each jump must be planned carefully, turning levels into a twisting high-speed parkour race to the finish.
Development of Color Jumper started in late 2015 and has been the main focus for Tallbeard Studios throughout most of 2016. Being this studio's first major game, there have been a lot of hurdles (technical and otherwise) to overcome. In the end, it has made Color Jumper a far better game because of it.
- Incredibly tight and responsive controls modeled after Super Meat Boy
- Many mechanics including lasers, turrets, keys/locks, and moving platforms
- Colorblind mode replaces the colors with patterns to allows everyone to play the game
- Time and rotation goals for each level
- Over 100 levels and four challenging bosses
- Speed run mode
- Hidden collectibles unlock additional challenge levels
Pre-release Dev Log YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "No awards yet, still working on this one :)"
- "Seems nutty hard I dig it."
- Edmund McMillen - Team Meat, Twitter
- "Color Jumper is A Good Game™"
- Brent - Dodge Roll Studios, Twitter
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
You can listen to the demo's full soundtrack on Soundcloud. soundcloud.com.
About Tallbeard Studios
Tallbeard Studios is a creative initiative based in Minneapolis, MN focusing on all aspects of games and game design.
More information on Tallbeard Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Color Jumper Credits
Programming, Design, Audio - Tallbeard Studios